Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Week 9


I read Blueberry #1 Fort Navajo and the first thing I notice about this comic is it is about Early America and the native American and foreigners conflict. That itself is not the interesting part but the fact that it is written by a French author, I would have first thought it was written by an American. They must have done a lot of research and be very interested in the topic to write a comic about it. They style is also very reminiscent of older American comics like that of Marvel, so I can assume they have been greatly influenced by American culture. I am assuming this version of the comic has been translated from French to English but even in the translation they chose to write the language like that of an American cowboy. Speaking of the text I found this comic a little difficult to read because of how much text takes up each box. It kind of imposes itself on the image. I like reading a lot and it had nothing to do with the amount of reading rather than all the text cluttering up the boxes and not knowing which one came first. Despite this I love anything having to do with the pioneering of the states so  this comic was of interest to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment