Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Week 14


Megg, Mogg, & Owl was an enjoyably strange comic to read. It reminds me a lot of those internet comics except longer. It reminds of those types of comics because it usually features this type of art style, a sort of water color looking style with thin linework. The subject matter was also reminiscent of that style utilizing strange characters like a witch, cat, and anthropomorphic owl. The part where Megg and Mogg kiss made me uncomfortable though as it is a human making out with a completely feline character despite his ability to speak. I really appreciate owls character. He seems very anxious and type A compared to Megg and Mogg’s type B attitude which makes their characters very relatable for different people. The whole comic feels surreal but relatable which I like. There are some bits I can not relate to though which kind of put me at a distance like partying a lot and drugs. I feel like these topics and the vulgarity of the comic would turn off a large portion of its possible audience.  I will most likely continue to read more but in the “I want to weird myself out” sort of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment