Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Week 11


This week I read Bone by Jeff Smith for our week on comics in contemporary literature. I very much enjoyed reading Bone. I have seen this comic a lot since I was a kid but never actually had the chance to read it. I liked the vivid colors and unique character designs. I especially loved the designs of the creatures trying to eat Fone Bone. They remind me of the Sleestak from Land of the Lost with their big eyes. Even the red dragon us a charming and appealing character design. I think the design of each character is really where this particular comic shines. The dialogue in this story is also enjoyable and is easily read through. I feel like this would reach a wide audience especially a middle school high school demographic. Seeing as I only read book One of Bone I wonder if the plot lines continue into one another as there seems to parts in the beginning of the novel that I am missing. At first Fone Bone and his cousins are all walking together talking about how they got kicked out of town but we don’t see any of that. If it is a continued story I would like to read it from the beginning. Despite that even if you start reading these from the middle they are still comprehensible and enjoyable in their own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment